Holy Week & Easter
- Saturday, April 4, after 9 AM, there will be a table and basket of palms outside the Norris St (kitchen) entrance of the church with palms to pick up if you are out doing your essential errands. (Religious service is among the business deemed “essential” in the Governor’s decree). Please come help yourself, and if anyone else is ahead of you, of course, greet them from a safe distance. (No one will have touched the palms without gloves and gloves will be there to pick out your own).
- PALM SUNDAY, April 5: Worship at 9:45 AM will again be accessible through a Zoom Webinar format AND streamed to the WCC Facebook PAGE (not group). Zoom link: zoom.us/j/698437325
- As was noted in the Bell Buoy that went out yesterday, when you set yourself up to watch the worship service, please have with you a piece of bread and a cup of wine/juice/other beverage. We’ll be celebrating Communion together.
- Thursday April 9 – There will be a prerecorded service available for watching on both our Facebook page and Website. This commemoration of the Last Supper will include the “Service of Tenebrae” (“shadows”) with the reading of the Passion and the extinguishing of candles.
- Again, we suggest you bring with you when you watch: bread and cup of wine/juice/other beverage, a cross (table top, picture, jewelry), and your own candle to extinguish.
- Friday, April 10 – Mid Day Prayer – 11:45 AM – on our Facebook page.
- In place of our Good Friday Vigil in the sanctuary we invite you to find an hour sometime during the day or evening and use the Prayer Vigil Guide blow to pray, reflect, meditate, journal in whatever way is most meaningful to you.
If you would, please go to our Facebook page and post a thought for the day that day, or a picture of your vigil place or posture, or anything else that speaks to you of Good Friday.
- Sunday, April 12 – Worship Service at 9:45 AM on our Facebook page and on Zoom.